Saturday, April 15, 2006

Good Friday on NBC

I love Friday holidays. We get to sleep late without worrying about early meetings at the office, Saturday morning soccer or baseball games, or scrambling to make it to church on time. At this point in my life, breakfast at 8:00 while still in pajamas is a rare luxury.

Of course, kids seem to live on an inverse timetable from their parents. The same little urchins who have to be dragged out of bed almost every morning were up yesterday before the crack of dawn, plopped on the couch with the remote control in one hand and the TV guide in the other, planning their entire morning around the unfamiliar schedule of weekday morning cartoons. That's when the trouble started.

I woke up to the sounds of giggling and shushing, and the "Dad-sense" quickly began buzzing in the far back reaches of my brain. Stumbling into the family room, I found my two youngest giggling conspiratorially over the Houston Chronicle TV guide. When I asked to take a look at the source of the amusement, my third grader showed me this listing for Friday's primetime line-up:

click to view larger imageClick on the image and read the 7:00 pm entry for Channel 2, the local NBC affiliate.

Not only do we have to censor most of what is shown on network television during prime family time, we now have to apply the parental censor to the TV guide itself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home