Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Foreign Readers Welcome

Every now and then I glance at my Site Meter statistics, just to see who has been perusing the various inane thoughts and opinions spouted here at the Texas Songbird. And every time I do, I am surprised and pleased to see that our readership often includes several from outside the Houston area, and even a handful from outside the grand state of Texas. One or twice a week I will even spot a reader from some U.S. military or other government site. (I think that is a good thing...)

What really surprises (and, I must admit, gratifies) me is when I spot the occasional reader from elsewhere in the world. Of course, I can't really say whether our blog is used in such places as France, Belgium, England, China (Hong Kong), Canada, Scotland, Poland and Brazil (all of which have recently browsed to the site) to point out the stupidity and arrogance of Americans and/or Texans, or is actually enjoyed for its content and sleek design. <ahem> But my most recent international visitor really astonishes me.

According to the stats, we had a visitor from the Ministry of Education in Taipei, Taiwan. And the site was viewed using a Yahoo! app that translated it into Chinese. How cool is that? (I never knew I was bilingual.)

I almost feel like I should be wearing my boots and cowboy hat (I wear them frequently!) and talking about the oil well in my backyard (don't all Texans have those?) for the sake of all the recent tourists. Yee-haw!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Stumbled across your blog using 'next blog' - and a big Hello from London, England :)

3/29/2006 9:32 AM  

Blogger Songbird said...

Welcome to Texas, Michelle, and thanks for visiting! Feel free to sit a spell and enjoy the weather and the hospitality. :->

3/29/2006 12:26 PM  

Blogger flythemig29 said...

I have the same type of linkcounter and check it to see who is watching and where they are from. Some of it really surprises me. I am waiting for my first Greenland link.

3/31/2006 6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home