Friday, January 13, 2006

The Princeton Waffle

Radio talk show host Hugh Hewitt had this great bit earlier in the week about Senator Joseph Biden's recent questioning of Judge Samuel Alito. Nothing overly incriminating, but it certainly is incredibly funny!

In Tuesday's questioning of Judge Alito, Sen. Biden made a point to proclaim his overt dislike of Alito's alma mater, Princeton University. Not just once, but several times. Biden rambled:
This is just by way of ... you know, why some of us are puzzled, because if I was aware of it, and I didn't even like Princeton. No, I mean I really didn't like Princeton. ... But all kidding aside, I wasn't a big Princeton fan.
Interestingly enough, even though he labored to drive home his dislike for Alito's Princeton, Biden later told Judge Alito:
"I remain very troubled, not by anything in your personal history, so much as by your judicial views."
Now apparently Sen. Biden actually gave a speech at Princeton a couple of years ago in which he praised the university quite glowingly, as would be expected from a guest lecturer.
It's an honor to be here. It would have even been a greater honor to have gone here. I have three children who mercifully have all finally completed undergraduate and graduate school, and I tried to get all three of them to apply here.
And he continued expressing his great affection for the ivy league palace, even telling of a visit he and his son had made to Princeton as he was promoting the school's virtues.
And so I had been pushing Princeton, and this magnificently attractive, intellectually and physically, beautiful young girl, ... was showing us around, and I figured we've got a lock now. My son is going to really be interested, and I know senators aren't supposed to say things like that, but if he hadn't been interested, I would have been worried...
(So much for politically correct and the tolerance of Democrats.)

So for the listening pleasure of his audience, Mr. Hewitt combined the two. I give you the Joe Biden Princeton Waffle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home