Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Seabrook Tar Baby, the Sequel

You may recall the stink that arose from Seabrook last month when cries of racism and racial slurs erupted from a city council meeting over use of the term "tar baby." Before the smoke cleared, Councilwoman Dee Wright was demanding the resignation of alleged offender John Buhman, and racial instigator Quanell X had rallied the local news teams with shouts of the inhuman injustice of it all.

Well, it looks like the smoke hasn't quite cleared yet:
"I think the whole thing needs to stop," she said. "I just took a stand on political correctness and they didn't like it... We all just need to agree to disagree and just move on."
As is so often the case with liberals when their bluff is called, Ms. Wright now just wants to "agree to disagree" and leave it at that. However, Councilman Buhman does not appear to be so quick to let things go after publicly being called a racist.
"She's already done the damage and I've suffered the consequence," he said. "If I did make the racist comments that Dee claims I did, then Council should give me a vote of 'no confidence' and remove me from all boards.

"They should also give Dee a vote of confidence for having the courage to expose racism.

"However, if I didn't make those comments, then Council should give Dee a vote of 'no confidence' and remove her from all boards.

"They should also give me a vote of confidence showing I did nothing wrong. To me, this is a quick and simple resolution of the matter. Afterwards, we can move on."
Sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home