Tuesday, October 25, 2005

End of Day Musings

Okay, so it's not quite the end of the day, but soon we'll be ensconced in front of the television screaming for the Astros (and being shushed by Shebird so we don't wake the kids)... So I just had to share something that's been on my mind since last week.

My oldest had just finished reading the Lord of the Rings trilogy for school, and as a bonus (since he finished the books and his assigned essay a week before they were due) we rented the video of The Fellowship of the Ring and watched it together last Thursday night. For some unknown reason it struck me during this viewing that the Shire, home of the hobbits, had an uncanny resemblance to the valley of the Teletubbies.

Now luckily, none of my kids ever got into the Teletubbies (the youngest tried them once, but ran screaming to her room when she saw the sun that looked and giggled like a giant baby). But I've seen enough to have that horrible image burned into my mind ever since, so I did a little research to see if my memory was correct:

The Teletubbies' Hill


Bag End, Hobbiton, The Shire


Close enough to make you wonder...

Okay, now on to the World Series!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, Songbird, it's official. You've gone batty! Take a break. Go on vacation. See a doctor. But please, NO MORE END OF DAY MUSINGS!!

10/25/2005 5:52 PM  

Blogger Monica said...

wow, great blog...I love to see a blog where someone is all about his family.

10/26/2005 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home